Most of the time this happens in Ubuntu. If you check using the command lsusb in the terminal you can see that it has detected the device. But it does not list down in the connection list. Even the Mobile Partner could not recognize it.
I was able to find a solution for this. I can’t remember the original source. Following is the list of steps to follow.
1. Find the device id using the lsusb command. 12d1:1446 is the device id in my case.
2. Create a file based on that name.
File Name – 12d1\:1446
Make sure to add a \ as above to your file name.
3. Add following details to the file.
Change DefaultVendor and DefaultProduct according to your device. Keep the MessageContent as above.
4. Move the file to /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/
You will need root permission for this.
5. Now execute following command.
sudo usb_modeswitch -c /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1\:1446
6. Use lsusb command.You can find that the id has change to 12d1:1436.
You can find that the id has change to 12d1:1436.
7. Wait for 15-30 seconds and you will find the your mobile broadband connection appear on the connection list.
You may have to execute the command in 5 every time if the device has not detected by the operating system. I would recommend this approach rather than executing this at startup of the OS.